Kira Neuman Interview
The latest bodybuilding sensation is Kira Neuman from Greenwood, Indiana.
Kira, 25, has just won the college title of the 2007 NPC Teen & Collegiate National Championships.
The aim of bodybuilding is to build the biggest muscles you can, and she is already an expert in this area. Her journey to the Olympia is just beginning,
she is a noteworthy athlete with unwavering determination to succeed.
Author: Jonathan.L - owner Models Observer
* Kira, thanks for taking the time to speak with me! So, how would you define yourself?
Kira Neuman: No problem, it's my pleasure! Thank you! I would define myself as a very outgoing, energetic, funny person. I am very outgoing and personable.
* How was it like growing up in Greenwood, Indiana?
Kira Neuman: Growing up in Greenwood Indiana was definitely great. I don't think I would have rather grown up anywhere else. Well maybe somewhere warmer in the winter!!! I have three brothers so that was an experience in and of itself! I was always a tomboy and got into sports at a very young age.
* How did you first get started into bodybuilding? Did you have a role model that influenced you to get into bodybuilding?
Kira Neuman: I went to Ball State University for four years and in my third year there I attended an amateur bodybuilding show they put on. I saw it, was interested and went for it the next year. I was hooked ever since! My biggest role model who has influenced me to get into bodybuilding has been my father. He used to compete and has always been my number one fan.
* Throughout your life you were so active in sports: participating in gymnastics, volleyball, basketball, softball and even tennis. How is bodybuilding different from other sports?
Kira Neuman: Bodybuilding is so different from any sport I have ever played. I was always very athletic and participated in sports year round, but I didn't have to diet!! With bodybuilding I learned very quickly how much of a commitment the sport really is. It is a lifestyle and it has taught me a lot of discipline. So I think the biggest difference is the serious dedication and discipline the sport requires in order to be successful!
* You are the winner of 2007 NPC Teen & Collegiate National Championships! How do you feel as the 2007 Collegiate Bodybuilding National Champion? Was it easy for you to win the contest?
Kira Neuman: Winning the 2007 NPC Collegiate Nationals was awesome! It's a pretty cool title to have and I am very proud! I don't think it's really ever easy to win a contest because of all the hard work that goes into the contest prep. It is a very rewarding feeling to win something that I worked so hard for!
* How do you manage the muscle building process so well? Do you set timeline and specific tasks such as desired weight, level of body fat and measurements, or you just train your muscles as hard as you can?
Kira Neuman: I am someone who is not concerned with numbers. So, I don't pay close attention to what the scale says because I don't want to overstress or become obsessed with it. I train hard every day and I just try to make improvements on my lifts and in my physique and I don't limit myself to a certain timeline. I just do my best and whatever I end up with in the end is what I end up with! I just have to rock it no matter what!
* Bodybuilders are judged on the overall quality of their muscular development. Judging is based upon the presentation of: Muscles Mass, Definition, Proportion, Symmetry and Stage Presence. How ready is your body in each field? Where do you plan to improve?
Kira Neuman: I feel confident in saying that I my stage presence, symmetry and proportion are all on point. I definitely feel that there is always a need for improvement so the one thing I really want to work on this year is my conditioning which will in turn improve my definition. I also want to add a little more muscle to my entire physique.
* What weight lifting equipment is best for you and which weight lifting program do you use?
Kira Neuman: I love a combination of both free weights and machines. Using both gives me the best results and allows me to vary my workouts. I also use a combination of powerlifting training and low weight, high repetition training. For me, the most important thing is that I change my routine regularly!
* How did you find your bodybuilding diet that helps you to gain muscle mass fast?
Kira Neuman: My trainer, Jon Pedigo, has been a huge help with my contest diet and my offseason diet. He has guided me through my training and given me some great advice which has helped me make a lot of improvements!
* Which bodybuilding supplements do you incorporate into your muscle building diet?
Kira Neuman: My favorite supplements are SciFit products like Kre-Alkalyn, Amino Infusion, Extreme Mass, and Whey Complex. These supplements have given me the best results and all of their protein powders have a fantastic taste. I have never been disappointed with any of their products so, I stick with them during the offseason and for contest prep.
* Do you find it challenging to balance your successful bodybuilding career and your being a university student?
Kira Neuman: Oh goodness school and training! Well, it is somewhat difficult to balance schoolwork and training, but I have learned to just make it happen. I try not to stress out about either one and I try to remember to have fun with both school and training.
* To what extent do your preparations for fitness modeling differ from your bodybuilding contest preparations?
Kira Neuman: Well, I have not done a whole lot of fitness modeling, but I would say it all goes hand in hand for me. I have to work just as hard for both because I have a certain look that I love to achieve and preparing for a bodybuilding show gives me that!
* Tell me about your venture as a certified ISSA trainer for the Indy Adventure Boot Camp. What do you like the most about it?
Kira Neuman: Indy Adventure Boot Camp has been an incredible experience for me! I love teaching it! My good friend Jessica Wright gave me the wonderful opportunity to use my skills as a personal trainer to teach the boot camp and I am very grateful to her for that. The best thing about boot camp is the ladies who participate. They make getting up at 4:30 in the morning worth it!
* What do you like to do to have fun? How do you like to spend your time away from the gym?
Kira Neuman: In my free time away from the gym I love to hang out with the two loves of my life: my nephews! I also love to spend time with the rest of my family and my good friends.
* Woodrow Wyatt, who was a British politician and journalist, said once: "A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears". What do you think?
Kira Neuman: That's such a great quote! It is so true! For me, the first thing that attracts me to a guy is his outward appearance. Then, once I get to know him his personality is the deal breaker. But, I think for both genders personality is probably the key reason someone falls in love with someone else. Women do love a guy who can listen and be understanding, but deep down inside I think men love that too!
* You use the time very efficiently. At the age of 25 you're already getting compliments on how you look from web surfers: "Very impressive muscularity for someone so young!", "No doubt IFBB Pro Material". Is there anything you would like to say to your growing fan-base who have been following your excellent work? And, where are we going to see you in 2008?
Kira Neuman: Well first, I want to say that I am very flattered that people think so highly of me and appreciate the hard work I have put into my physique. I am extremely grateful to everyone who has been so helpful and encouraging to me, particularly James Cook and Gene Hwang with GeneX Magazine/FTVideo. If it wasn't for these two guys, no one would even know who I am and I wouldn't have some really awesome pictures! I also owe a lot to my best friend and training partner, Lindsay Stuart. Without her I would not be where I am today and I am very grateful to her! In 2008 I will be competing at Jr. Nationals in Chicago! I plan on bringing a much improved physique to the stage so I am very excited! Thanks again!
Feel free to contact Kira at: email@example.com .